What you need to know about a Q-COMP Review
- Q-COMP's primary role is the regulator of the Queensland
workers' compensation scheme.
- Q-COMP is not a part of WorkCover or a self-insurer. We are an
independent statutory authority.
- A worker, claimant or employer can apply to Q-COMP for a review
of some decisions of insurers.
- Our review service is free.
- A review must be lodged at Q-COMP within three months
of receiving the Insurers written reasons for their
- A review decision by Q-COMP will be made within 25 business
days, unless an extension has been agreed or information is being
exchanged through natural justice processes
- If you lodge a review you have the opportunity for a 'right of
appearance'. This means you can meet with a Q-COMP representative
in person, or make representations over the phone or by another
- You do not need a legal representative in the review process.
Any legal advice or representation you may obtain is at your
- Workers can obtain advice from Queensland Council of Unions ph:
1800 102 166 (you don't need to be a union member). If you are a
member of a union, your union may also offer assistance.
- Employers can obtain advice from The Chamber of Commerce and
Industry Queensland ph: 1300 364 165 or a specific association of
which you are a member
- Q-COMP provides its official policy and procedure for managing
extension requests and procedural fairness in reviews online.
We follow these procedures to ensure we provide prompt and non
adversarial decision making at review.
To lodge an application for
Complete the Q-COMP Application for
Review Form 542.3 online or
print out a copy.
Provide your grounds for review - why you
believe the insurer decision is wrong
Attach all your supporting documents to your
Sign the form
Submit your review application to Q-COMP within
three months of receiving the written reasons for decision from the
You can submit your review application form to Q-COMP by
any of the below methods:
PO BOX 10119
Brisbane QLD 4000
Online: Lodge your review online using the
Application for Review e-form
Fax: (07) 3020 6375
For more help please read the frequently asked