Apply for an Injury Payment Profile (IPP)
An Injury Payment Profile (IPP) gives a history of workers'
In Queensland, it's illegal for employers to access, or to ask a
worker to supply their claims history:
- when they are applying for a job
- for questions of continuing employment.
This does not apply to a workers' compensation document about a
worker's capacity to work-like an application for compensation or
claim for damages-if the document is necessary for rehabilitation
or early return to work.
Post or fax your IPP request to:
PO Box 10119
Fax: 3020 6407
You need to include the following in your request:
- full name - include your current and any past family names
(e.g. if your family name at birth was Smith and you changed your
family name to Jones, include both Smith and Jones in your
- date of birth
- current mailing address
- contact telephone number
- reason for asking for this information
- something that proves your identity - most people provide a
photocopy of their drivers licence verified by a Justice of the
Peace, Commissioner of Declarations or Clerk of the Court.
You can request and receive your client's IPP by email. Send
your request with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- your client's full name and date of birth - include current and
any past family names
- confirmation that you represent the worker and that you are
authorised to request the IPP on behalf of your client
You don't need to attach a copy of your client's signed
authority to your email request. However, we reserve the right to
ask you for your client's signed authority before releasing an IPP,
for audit purposes.
Contact us if
you have any questions about IPPs.
Send your request to email@example.com