What we do
Our primary responsibility is to oversee the Queensland workers'
compensation scheme. We do this by:
- monitor the compliance of insurers with the Act
- monitor the performance of insurers under the Act, including
the consistent application of the Act
- decide self-insurance applications
- approve amounts payable under an industrial instrument
- collect fees pursuant to the Act
- administer scheme-wide rehabilitation and return to work
- undertake workplace rehabilitation accreditation and compliance
- provide rehabilitation advisory services
- administer return to work programs
- undertake reviews of insurer decisions
- manage appeals against Q-COMP review decisions
- support and oversee the efficient administration of medical
Education and promotion
- promote education and research about the Queensland workers'
- administer grants pursuant to the Act
plan for 2011-2015 outlines how we perform these functions.